We love the romantic softness of the dreamy braids modeled on summer runways. Surprisingly, this sweet summer look is easy to create at home with the right technique, and we love the fact that you only need 2 Aveda products to do it:
1) Wash and dry hair with your recommended Aveda system.
2) Comb through to smooth hair.
3) Emulsify Aveda control paste between your hands and stroke evenly over your hair. This will give you hold and a grip on the hair, making braiding easier.
4) Part hair on a diagonal starting on the right front and ending at the nape of your neck on the left back.
5) Clip sections loosely in place to hold hair out of the way while you braid.
1) Braid hair loosely, starting in the front and working toward the nape of your neck. Feed the braid only from the crown of your head, not from the sections. This creates the wreath-like look.
2) Stop adding to the braid when you reach the nape of the neck. Continue braiding until you reach the ends of your hair, then secure with an elastic band.
3) Repeat the entire process on the opposite side. You should finish with two braids.
4) To create a tousled texture, take a braid firmly in your hands and then spread the sections and massage the braid with your fingers. This will create a loosened look. Stop when you get a look you like.
5) Loop one braid up and secure to top of head with pins. Repeat this process on the other side.
1) For a light hold that preserves style but allows movement, spray hair with Aveda air control hair spray.