We are in love with all the pops of color from the Rare Bloom Spring 2015 Aveda collection! One of our favorite looks is the Magenta Petal look created by Aveda Global Artistic Director of Makeup, Janell Geason.
The inspiration for this beautiful look was taken from gorgeous sunsets seen over prairie landscapes. The focus lies entirely on the bright pink lip, which makes this the perfect way for you to update your spring style with a “color pop.”
1) Start by prepping your complexion: create a fresh, semi-matte complexion by applying Inner Light Mineral Tinted Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 15and Inner Light Concealer where needed. Set lightly with Inner Light Mineral Pressed Powder.
2) Prep the eyelids, and apply Petal Essence Single Eye Color In Rose Gold, fading from the lash lines to the brows, with the medium eye color brush. Apply the same shade to the inner corners of the eyes.
3) Apply Petal Essence Single Eye Color In Plumeria to the outer corners of the eyes with an eye contour brush.
4) Curl the lashes, and apply Mosscara in Earth to the top and bottom lashes.
5) Prep the lips with Nourish-Mint Renewing Lip Treatment before adding color.
6) Apply Nourish-Mint Smoothing Lip Color in Magenta Berry to the center of the lips.
7) Apply Nourish-Mint Lip Liner In Dragon Fruit to the center of the lips, and diffuse the color to the edges with the eye smudger brush.
8) Apply Petal Essence Face Accents In Tesserae along the cheekbones with the blush brush.