Aveda’s Allen Ruiz, Aveda Global Artistic Director for Hair Styling, and Janell Geason, Aveda Global Artistic Director for Makeup created the full beauty look for the collection of Naadam Fall/Winter 2015 at NY Fashion Week.
The look included a wrapped ponytail and bold, beautiful brows to showcase the daring style of today’s modern nomad.
Naadam’s goal is to responsibly source and produce knitwear with the intent to preserve and extend the values of nomadic living. “The modern nomad is always on the go. She doesn’t want to spend too much time in front of the mirror, but she wants to look effortlessly chic,” Ruiz says.
How to get the makeup look:
1) On freshly washed skin, apply Aveda Inner Light Concealer where needed; set concealer with Inner Light Mineral Loose Powder.
2) For the eyes, create a matte lid and brow bone by applying the lightest shade of Aveda Petal Essence Eye Color Trio in Golden Jasper from lash line to brow.
3) Groom brows slightly by brushing up and over, but still allowing them to look a bit unkempt.
4) Apply the darkest shade of Petal Essence Eye Color Trio in Golden Jasper to the brows using a spoolie brush so the brows are filled-in, but don’t look perfectly done.
5) Shape cheeks with Aveda Petal Essence Face Accents in Rose Blossom for a flushed effect.
6) Dab lips lightly with Aveda Nourish-Mint Sheer Mineral Lip Color in Sheer Peony.