About Aveda Institute Los Angeles
Aveda Los Angeles offers a unique learning environment in cosmetology through hands-on, real-world experience. the aveda institute LA inspires students to exceed expectation and seek lifelong learning beyond the traditional classroom. aveda beauty school in Los Angeles promotes the concept that education encompasses more than learning basic technical skills.
Our cosmetology curriculum is specifically designed to prepare beauty school students for the state licensing examination and allow them to learn the technical, personal and business skills necessary to work in a professional salon environment.
- Become a licensed Cosmetologist in 13 months.
- Gain world-class technical training from the most advanced instructors in the beauty industry.
- Learn the art and science of hair cutting, coloring, styling and makeup.
- Enhance your customer service skills, in both the salon business and personal settings.
- Create the styles and trends of the future while experiencing all that Los Angeles has to offer.
- Bordered by the surrounding communities of Beverly Hills, Bel-Air, Brentwood, and Century City, Westwood is located in the heart of Los Angeles, California.
- Westwood is home to several vintage movie theaters, as well as the cutting-edge art exhibition space, The Hammer.
- Nearby, Santa Monica has 3.5 miles of well-maintained beaches and enjoys on average 340 days of sunshine a year.
- AILA is located on the exciting UCLA campus, a stimulating atmosphere for creative individuals.
Blog, Student Blog
From The Blog
It’s increasingly rare for salons not to have assistantship programs in place. Think of it...
With some 30 million American women — roughly one in four — dealing with thinning...
Graduating from beauty school and embarking on a career in the beauty industry is an...
Aveda How To: 5 Steps to Build Your Career as a Stylist
Graduating from beauty school and embarking on a career in the beauty industry is an exciting and thrilling accomplishment! But, sometimes it can be a little daunting to leave the comfort of school and venture out on your own.
Whether you’re prepping for your upcoming graduation from the Aveda Institute Los Angeles or you’re a seasoned alumni looking for new opportunities, we’ve put together a few pointers for building your career as a stylist and putting yourself on the fast track to success.
1. Go to every educational event you can: Continue advanced education throughout your career; it’s the key to your success.
2. Practice what you learn, and share it with others: Have you ever heard that the best way to learn something is to teach it? Sharing makes you better because it makes you reinforce information and thereby increases retention.
3. Find employment at a great salon that is truly interested in your success: When salon-shopping, sit in the waiting room to get a feel for the environment and level of professionalism. Tune-in on how they’re answering phones, greeting guests and interacting with one another. Inquire about advanced education and learning opportunities. Picture yourself in this environment, and make sure it’s the right fit for you.
4. Ask about the salon’s associate or assistant program: Request a copy in writing to be certain they have one. You might have to assist for a while and be willing to bend over backward to become part of the team. This is your chance to prove you have what it takes to be a positive member of their team.
5. Find the right fit and stay in that salon: Do not move around; if you move too much, people won’t take you seriously. Also, your clients don’t want to have to constantly follow you from one salon to the next.