About Aveda Institute Los Angeles
Aveda Los Angeles offers a unique learning environment in cosmetology through hands-on, real-world experience. the aveda institute LA inspires students to exceed expectation and seek lifelong learning beyond the traditional classroom. aveda beauty school in Los Angeles promotes the concept that education encompasses more than learning basic technical skills.
Our cosmetology curriculum is specifically designed to prepare beauty school students for the state licensing examination and allow them to learn the technical, personal and business skills necessary to work in a professional salon environment.
- Become a licensed Cosmetologist in 13 months.
- Gain world-class technical training from the most advanced instructors in the beauty industry.
- Learn the art and science of hair cutting, coloring, styling and makeup.
- Enhance your customer service skills, in both the salon business and personal settings.
- Create the styles and trends of the future while experiencing all that Los Angeles has to offer.
- Bordered by the surrounding communities of Beverly Hills, Bel-Air, Brentwood, and Century City, Westwood is located in the heart of Los Angeles, California.
- Westwood is home to several vintage movie theaters, as well as the cutting-edge art exhibition space, The Hammer.
- Nearby, Santa Monica has 3.5 miles of well-maintained beaches and enjoys on average 340 days of sunshine a year.
- AILA is located on the exciting UCLA campus, a stimulating atmosphere for creative individuals.
From The Blog
We’re so excited to announce that the Beauty Changes Lives-Vidal Sassoon scholarship is back! This...
Naomi Watts was a vision in white as she hit the red carpet at this...
Growing a beard is an expression of freedom with a sense of wildness and unkemptness,...
Aveda for Men: Grooming Your Beard
Growing a beard is an expression of freedom with a sense of wildness and unkemptness, but it’s also a commitment. Beards don’t take care of themselves any more than your lawn or your car. They need some upkeep.
Whether you’re just past the stubble stage or trying to tame a 2-foot giant, here are some of our favorite beard grooming tips:
- Shampoo: A lot of guys don’t think to wash their beards – or if they do, they use the typical bar soap they’d use on their entire body. Bad idea. You’ll dry out your beard and the skin beneath. Instead, shampoo at least a few times a week. Our favorite? Aveda Rosemary Mint Shampoo for its pleasant aroma and clean feeling finish. Bonus: it’s formulated with peppermint to naturally awaken your senses and energize you for the day ahead!
- Condition: Beard hair is wickedly coarse, so you need to take precautions to keep it from getting too wiry. Instead of a normal conditioner that you have to wash out, we love Aveda Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil. The hydrating power of buriti oil will instantly moisturize your beard by 41%. Just run a few drops through your beard, and you’re out the door.
- Trim it: Ever heard of split ends? Even long beards need to be trimmed every so often to keep you looking fresh and groomed. For a long beard: trim every two months. For a short beard: trim every few weeks.
Pro Tip: Have the right tools. An electric trimmer will work fine for the edge of your beard on your face. But to shape the bulk of your beard scissors and a comb will work best.
- photo credit: livingaveda.com