When creating the Autumn/Winter 2014 Romantic Grandeur makeup collection, Aveda Global Artistic Director for Makeup, Janell Geason, took cues from fall 2014 runway trends that showcased beautiful pale colors paired with rich, deeper shades.
“The icy pastels and the rich saturated tones of Romantic Grandeur play off each other perfectly as the lighter shades keep the look discreet, whereas the deeper colors beautifully highlight certain facial features,” Geason says.
The main focus of the Romantic Grandeur collection was on the eye, and today we have a step-by-step tutorial to help you recreate an Aveda Winter Lilac makeup look:
1. Prep skin and lids for makeup.
2. Begin with your eyes: brush the winter lilac eye color shade from the inner to outer corner of your upper lid. Pull the shade through to the inner corner of your lower lash line.
3. Contour the outer half of your upper lid and define the outer half of your lower lash line with petal essence eye definer in fresh plum. Blend using a brush.
4. Brush the petal essence eye color in aubergine over top of the fresh plum pencil to set.
5. Warm the look by applying the all spice shade to the center part of the contour and center of the lower lash line.
6. Take a very small dab of the gypsum grey eye color and lightly brush into inner contour.
7. Highlight your brow bone with petal essence eye color in ivory lotus.
8. Fill in your brows, curl your lashes and finish with a coat of Aveda black forest mosscara.
9. For your cheeks, brush petal essence face accents in tesserae into the contours to create a natural flush.
10. Use the ivory lotus eye shade to highlight your bone structure along the cheeks, forehead, nose and chin.
11. To finish the look, press Aveda rose blush rehydrating lip glaze onto center of the lips. The rosy pink shade with flecks of gold will compliment your eye look perfectly.