Aveda Guest Artist, Frank Rizzieri, created “soft, simple 1970′s style waves,” for the recent Stella McCartney Resort 2015 presentation held at Elizabeth Street Garden in New York City. The 2015 resort collection was inspired by Stella’s mother, Linda McCartney.
“To create a barrier against humidity and to fight frizz, I first applied new Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight creme to the models’ hair,” said Rizzieri. “We then added a little texture with Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep and blew it in with a diffuser. After creating a gentle center part, I tucked hair behind the ears and added a barely-there wave to the ends. Finally, I tousled the hair with Aveda Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil for extra shine.”
Here’s how to get the look with 3 products and 5 easy steps:
1) Dampen and divide hair into a top and bottom section. Apply Aveda Smooth Infusion Naturally Straight creme to the bottom section first to set the foundation for a beautiful frizz-free straight style. Repeat the application on top action and blow dry with a diffuser.
2) To add texture to the hair before style, spray Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep all over.
3) Blast again with the diffuser, and create a gentle center part using a wide tooth comb. Tuck hair behind both ears, away from the face.
4) Using a 1 1/2 inch double barrel curling iron, wrap ends of hair around barrel to create loose bends and waves all over.
5) Finish off the look by gently running Aveda Dry Remedy Daily Moisturizing Oil through hair for added shine. Tousle for a natural feel.
Aveda PRO-TIP: For smoother, softer hair incorporate Aveda Smooth Infusion Shampoo and Conditioner into hair care routine.