About Aveda Institute Los Angeles
Aveda Los Angeles offers a unique learning environment in cosmetology through hands-on, real-world experience. the aveda institute LA inspires students to exceed expectation and seek lifelong learning beyond the traditional classroom. aveda beauty school in Los Angeles promotes the concept that education encompasses more than learning basic technical skills.
Our cosmetology curriculum is specifically designed to prepare beauty school students for the state licensing examination and allow them to learn the technical, personal and business skills necessary to work in a professional salon environment.
- Become a licensed Cosmetologist in 13 months.
- Gain world-class technical training from the most advanced instructors in the beauty industry.
- Learn the art and science of hair cutting, coloring, styling and makeup.
- Enhance your customer service skills, in both the salon business and personal settings.
- Create the styles and trends of the future while experiencing all that Los Angeles has to offer.
- Bordered by the surrounding communities of Beverly Hills, Bel-Air, Brentwood, and Century City, Westwood is located in the heart of Los Angeles, California.
- Westwood is home to several vintage movie theaters, as well as the cutting-edge art exhibition space, The Hammer.
- Nearby, Santa Monica has 3.5 miles of well-maintained beaches and enjoys on average 340 days of sunshine a year.
- AILA is located on the exciting UCLA campus, a stimulating atmosphere for creative individuals.
From The Blog
This past month at NY Fashion Week, Aveda Global Artistic Director for Textured Hair, Tippi...
This past Labor Day weekend, our sister institute, the Aveda Institute Columbus, had the incredible...
These past few weeks Instagram has been abuzz with the hashtag, #multimasking, declaring it to be the...
Aveda New Trend Report: Multimasking
These past few weeks Instagram has been abuzz with the hashtag, #multimasking, declaring it to be the latest and hottest beauty trend. While the skincare practice is just beginning to take flight on social media, most estheticians have been performing multimasking on clients just like you for years.
The idea behind multimasking is that using several different mask treatments on your skin at the same time can help you create a customized skin remedy, almost exactly like what an esthetician does for you during a facial. Always getting breakouts around your nose? Apply charcoal or clay in that area. Dry patches of skin? Use a hydrating mask or cream in those spots.
Aveda’s Manager of Professional Spa Education and Global Educator, Helga Hefner, explains the science behind the multimasking phenomenon: “Multimasking is about applying facial masques to separate areas of the face for optimal results in beautiful skin. For example, our t-zones may be oily, while the cheeks dry, so it’s important to use the right masque for the job of combatting each skin ailment. The skin on our faces can be quite different in various areas so it’s imperative it’s cared for properly.”
We love this handy chart created by Aveda to show you the best way to use Aveda masks for the #multimasking trend: