This past month at NY Fashion Week, Aveda Global Artistic Director for Textured Hair, Tippi Shorter, kept things playfully stylish and fun with a pretty ponytail for the Latinista Spring/Summer 2016 show featuring CZAR by Cesar Galindo and Batista Collections.
“The look is a blend of two cool styles; there’s an undone crown with wispy pieces of hair framing the face and a sleek, finished and plumped up ponytail,” Shorter said. “I love to think of this as ‘fun in the front and business in the back.’”
Here’s how to recreate the look at home with 4 of your favorite Aveda styling products:
1) On dry hair, spray Aveda Thickening Tonic until hair is damp.
2) Begin taking 1” sections of hair and gently twirl from root to end and set for texture.
3) Once all hair is twirled in sections, take one piece at a time, and blow dry. Lay the dried sections over the face to create volume at the roots while continuing to dry remaining sections.
4) Flip the dried twirls back and with a small amount of Light Elements Defining Whip in hands, gently unravel the twirls and massage hair to create added textured at the crown.
5) Pull hair into low ponytail ensuring the top has volume. Secure with a bungee. Wrap a small section of hair around bungee and secure with a pin under the ponytail.
6) Spray ponytail with Aveda Brilliant Shine-on Spray, then flat-iron the ponytail smooth.
7) Finish with a light mist of Aveda Control Force Firm Hair Spray.