During the week you fly around like a hard working machine. You rock the fast paced lifestyle, but every now and then, you start to feel burned out. Every so often, we need to take time to rejuvenate in order to feel energized and ready to take on what the next week has in store for us. Here are 5 tips for weekend wellness to help you rejuvenate your mind and body quickly:
1. Hello Sun! Wake up with the rising sun this weekend to help repair your circadian rhythm, and perform a yoga sequence to greet the day. If yoga isn’t your thing, allow Aveda’s aromaology to awaken your senses – we love our Rosemary Mint Hand/Body Wash infused with the invigorating scents of rosemary and peppermint!
2. Morning Meditation – Once you’re stretched out, practice alternate nostril breathing for 3 to 5 minutes to meditate. This breathing style can help to calm anxiety and nervousness and help you focus. To do, place your index and middle finger on the point in between the eyebrows (6th chakra). This leaves your thumb and ring finger free to close off either nostril. Close the right nostril, inhale through the left; at the end of the inhale close the left nostril and exhale through the right. Inhale through the right, and at the end of the inhale, switch, close off the right and exhale through the left. Inhale again through the left and repeat this cycle for 3-5 minutes.
3. Relaxing Cleanse – A short warm shower can be a simple, beneficial way to relax and unwind over the weekend. Enjoy a few quiet moments beneath the water with Aveda’s Stress-Fix Cleansing Oil – it nourishes skin with certified organic sunflower and babassu oils while certified organic lavender, lavandin and clary sage aromas from the French Alps reduce stress.
4. Moisturizing Massage – After your warm shower or bath, lightly towel dry, then massage your favorite body cream or Aveda Composition Oil into arms and legs using circular motions on joints and back and forth motions between joints. Our pick: Aveda’s Stress-Fix Composition Oil.
5. Final Fix – Slip into comfortable, casual clothes, and then brew a cup of Aveda Comforting Tea; its licorice and peppermint blend steeps you in calm. Ice it if you want to cool down from the hot summer sun.