Aveda Guest Artist, Frank Rizzieri, ponied up a “low, thick and simple tail with a tousled side part” for the Stella McCartney 2016 Resort Collection that took place recently at Elizabeth Street Garden in New York City.
The collection was inspired by the look of relaxed and easy going festival-goers. Stunning and billowy, floor-skimming dresses in cream, peach, tangerine and lemon hues were just a few of the highlights featured in the 2016 resort collection.
For the models, Rizzieri created a solid ponytail amped up with style and volume. The ponytails were intensified with a side part and the help of Aveda’s New Thickening Tonic.
“To instantly thicken each strand, I first applied Aveda Thickening Tonic to the models’ hair. I love it because it adds lightweight bulk,” said Rizzieri. “As you spray and layer it in you can immediately feel it expand each strand. It just came out and already it’s one of my kit essentials.”
Here’s how to get the look at home:
1) Prep towel-dried hair with Aveda Thickening Tonic, spraying thoroughly from roots to ends.
2) Comb through to distribute evenly.
3) Blow-dry hair with a round brush, using a nozzle to direct the air down each section.
4) Brush hair away from face and neatly into the same direction at the nape of neck.
5) Once hair is dry, pull hair into a low ponytail using an elastic to secure hold and spray lightly with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray.
6) Run a flat iron through the tail to smooth hair and ensure straightness.
7) Use the palm of hands in circular motions at temples to gently create wispy undone pieces for a more natural look.
8) Finish with a misting of Aveda Brilliant Spray-on Shine.